Tuesday 6 March 2012

Tiong Bahru: Strangelets

Third installment here of the Tiong Bahru series! Though who's really counting? 
There's not a lot I can say about this store but mainly because I'm not good enough with words. Bottom line is - This. Store. Is. Totally. Worth. A. Visit! Strangelets is a design store that's just next door to Books Actually and opposite from 40 Hands cafe at Yong Siak St in Tiong Bahru and while I'm not entirely sure of the definition of a 'design store', if anything, this place would fulfill my notions of that term. It's full of unique pieces that have been thoughtfully and artfully displayed around the store for an aesthetically pleasing/camera-friendly view. Ranging from apparel, accessories (gorgeous bags galore!), notebooks, cutlery, home accessories... you name it.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketStickers to decorate your switches with! :D Seriously, who would think of that? (If I had to hazard a guess it would be the Japanese. Those geniuses do have a knack for designing beautiful things that are absolutely unnecessary.)

I suppose this store would be perfect for someone who is: 
 -looking to add some unique finishing touches to his/her abode 
 -looking to spice up his/her wardrobe with that key investment piece (trust me, those bags in there are gorgeous but they also cost an arm/leg if you're a normal person who's not pooping money) 
 -looking to spend some time in a quiet, intimate store looking at beautiful items (just this last point is usually enough for me)
Photobucket


Oh and one of the best parts? Propaganda  Popaganda Popsicles! Totally outrageously expensive for a popsicle BUT in my defense, I was super thirsty and how can you resist trying one of these for the first (and possibly last) time in your life? 


Strangelets
7 Yong Siak Street
Singapore 168644
Mon-Fri 11am to 8pm, Sat-Sun 10am to 8pm




1 comment: